Thursday, September 23, 2010

KCWC-- days 1,2 & 3

My projects for Kids Clothing Week have been small and simple so far, but I have enjoyed the push to get back to my sewing room.

Day one resulted in some much-need cozy loungers for my oldest son. The print isn't fantastic, but it's soft and warm, AND, he likes it (probably because it's the same print I used to make his little brother's sleep sack).

My son's waist is small, but his legs are long.

Day two saw the completion of this little hooded vest, perfect for these cool-but-not-cold fall days, especially at the playground. I considered adding some sort of dinosaur or rocket applique, but Josh said no. Like most three year olds, he's rather opinionated. So, plain it is, until this afternoon or tomorrow or next week when he inevitably changes his mind (=

Oops, forgot to clip threads!

See how store-bought pants always fall down?

Day three was limited to planning and cutting thanks to some electrical blips that prompted me to unplug my machines. Tonight should be better, although I may be working on a baby quilt instead of actual clothing. We'll see if I can squeeze in both.

1 comment:

  1. Your boys are freaking cute! I just wanted to swing by and let you know that I am doing a giveaway for everyone that voted for me, make sure you enter!!

    love your guts
    mandi

    ReplyDelete