Friday, June 5, 2009

No time!

I love reading other sewing blogs, but often find myself wondering how some people are able to get so much done while I struggle to start (let alone finish) even small projects. We all have the same 24 hours in a day, so what's my problem? I have two young children, who take up a lot of my time, and energy, but other people have kids, too, and some, jobs outside the home on top of that. Part of my issue might be that I want to do too much. Maybe it would help to narrow my focus and set a maximum number of projects that I even think about at once -- just so it doesn't seem so overwhelming.

Enough whining. Here is what I have managed to work on lately:



This was made from a pattern in Baby Beanies: Happy Hats for Little Heads, by Amanda Keeys. I made another hat from the same book, the Special Day Silk Hat, but forgot to take a picture before giving it away to a friend's daughter. Both hats were quick and simple to knit up, even for a beginner like me, and gave me a sense of accomplishment. I have a couple other knitted baby hats on the go, but using DPNs (my personal crafting nemesis) instead of the circular needles used for the first two hats.

I've also been keeping busy mending a lot of my sons' clothing, especially that of the two year old. Little boys sure are tough on their clothing, but I'm pleased to be able to keep our clothing replacement budget in check by making minor repairs such as adjusting waistbands, patching shredded knees in pants, replacing zippers, and mending torn pockets. It seems this project will be ongoing until my boys move out, which I hope is as far away as it seems. (=

No comments:

Post a Comment