Thursday, December 2, 2010

Secret Santa Swap!

I've been sidelined by a nasty cold and case of pink eye for the past week, but managed to eek out my Secret Santa Swap item just in the nick of time for the December 1st deadline. Now I can only hope Canada Post is speedy in delivering my package.

My swap partner is a brilliant quilter, so crafting something for her was intimidating to say the least! I wanted to make something festive, but not so Christmas-y that it couldn't be used at other times of the year. I finally decided on a quilted pillow cover using scraps from the stockings I made a while back and some plain white cotton.


The details don't show well in this photo, but the centre is a cathedral window quilt block adorned with white piping and red beads. The outside has simple diagonal quilting, and the back is a simple pocket fold made from a sturdy but unknown fabric from Switzerland. I added an ornament and card to the package, which is hopefully nearing Texas by now.

The only other non-work project I've touched in the last week is whipping up another tie t-shirt for my oldest -- his request! He managed to get ketchup on it before I snapped the photo, but I this is what is known in blogland as keepin' it real! I bought a six-pack of plain white tees and we've had a lot of fun decorating them with applique and fabric paint. Will have to dig a few of the others out of the laundry to post later.


4 comments:

  1. Lol, what a sweety! I love the tie shirt, he looks great in it. I have seen some onsies with little tootoo skirts sewn on them and they are cute too. I am going to have to find out what my sister is having... I may be doing a tie shirt or a tootoo skirt, lol. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shirt.. and what a cutie!!
    Thanks so much for your message about my son.. I think we have a lot of the same battles going on right now. As I was reading your comment I kept thinking of my son.. I have to keep him busy or his little brain goes nuts and he gets him self in to trouble!! Thanks for taking the time to post ... I really appreciate it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya,
    What a lovely gift. I thank you so much for the quilted pillow cover. I just got it and I love it. You honor me as I am not that great a quilter. The ornament, pillow cover and beautiful Christmas card were just the touch I needed after a long day quilting. I still have a few more quilts to finish for folks before Christmas. Again, THANK YOU and Merry Christmas from Texas!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your Secret Santa gift! The Cathedral pattern has always interested me. I will one day learn to do it!
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete