Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Simple & practical project for the kitchen

As some of you know, I have two young, rambunctious boys. They are amazing and fun and lovable, but boy, do they take a toll on my house. My youngest loves dragging around furniture, including the kitchen table and chairs, so today we put together a quick (less than 30-seconds kind of quick!) project to cut down on the noise if not the chaos.

We picked up a couple packs of dollar store tennis balls, slit an X into each of them, and voila! Easy, kid-friendly and practical.




I've been busy with projects for pay lately, and more to come tomorrow...good news for my mad-money crafting fund, but not terribly inspiring. The exception was some cushion covers for a woman whose husband brought back fabric from the Congo while he was posted there...I thought it was A) awesome of him to choose fabric as a souvenir; B) clever of her to actually put the fabric to good use; and C) the fabric was a dream to sew. Will post photos another time.

I've linked up to Somewhat Simple's Strut-Your-Stuff Thursday and Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment