Thursday, May 6, 2010

Freezer paper fun

Picture it: a three year old, a two year old, two one year olds, a bunch of freezer paper, t-shirts and fabric paint! That was our house this morning as I tried out freezer paper stencilling as a kid craft. It worked out pretty well, although the situation didn't lend itself well to in-progress photos (=

I sketched a few basic pictures last night and cut them out with a craft knife this morning. I had two kinds of fabric paint -- one set of paint markers, and one set of squeeze out dimensional paint, and set them both out for the kids. I've used the markers with my three year old before, but the younger kids did better with the squeezable paint and some brushes to spread it around. Here are the results:



The spider shirt has some other decorations...those are to 'cover' smears of paint that my son managed to get on the shirt outside the stencil. Next time, I'll keep the freezer paper big enough to cover the entire shirt surface. No matter, the kids all had fun.

Next up is some pictures of the early bloomers in my garden. I'm something of a black thumb, so I'm pretty pleased my bulbs actually produced blooms -- especially since the ground was already partially frozen by the time I got around to planting them last fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment