Sunday, November 29, 2009

Stash boosting bonanza

I don't know what pushed me to do it, but late late last night I decided to look on the local Kijiji hobby listings. The first item that caught my eye was a lit-from-below tracing table. Then I noticed the same vendor had some fabric listed. I sent an email and offered to pay full asking price for the table and some of the fabric if she could deliver.

Sooooooo, for $100, I had all this delivered to my living room this evening:



That's right, NINE jumbo trash bags, stuffed to overflowing with pre-washed, pre-shrunk fabrics (everything from cotton to crepe to faux fur), plus two bags of patterns -- mostly infant and toddler (perfect for my almost one and almost three year old) , another huge bag of new zippers, buttons, velcro and other notions. And the tracing table. I feel like I just won the lottery! My boys just went to bed, so I'm going to spend the next couple hours digging through my new treasures and trying to figure out where I'm going to keep all of this.

Edited to add more pix:







And this isn't even all of it! I actually sent another email to the woman who sold me all this goodness to tell her how much I appreciate the sacrifice this must have been for her, and assured her that I will use up every scrap. Let the projects begin!

2 comments:

  1. WOW, you hit the Motherload, what a deal you won't have to buy fabric EVER AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a dream! what have you made with the fabric so far?

    ReplyDelete