Sunday, February 8, 2009

Little things make a difference -- I hope!

I added the sleeves to my shirt last night, and to my surprise, it wasn't that difficult. I'm sure they're not the world's best sleeves, but they work for me. Anyway, I have no idea why I put off attempting sleeves for the first time, but that's one (mental) hurdle behind me!

My youngest son was really fussy today, so there wasn't much time for sewing. However, I decided to tackle a very small project in the hope that little things really do make a difference -- a small cup cozy to go around take-out coffee (or in my case, hot chocolate) cups. I don't often buy out, but hubby does, and this should cut down on waste by eliminating the need for double-cupping. It turned out pretty well, although I can see in the photo, that I need to do a better job trimming the top edge. It's a bit crooked. The outside is made of simple craft felt, while the inner layer is made of heat-resistant batting. After playing around with my sketches for a while, I cut the pieces and had the cozy sewed together in less than ten minutes. I'm excited to make more with some fun fabrics on the outside.


I'm hosting a sewing machine basics evening later this week for a few friends who don't know how to use a sewing machine. I thought this might be a good beginner project for them to practice their stitching. Quick and easy. Perfect for a night that's bound to be full of laughs!

No comments:

Post a Comment