Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Uptown cowl

After a rush to get Christmas gifts taken care of before they had to be mailed out, I thought it would be nice to putter at a simple and useful project. Enter the Uptown Cowl. Initially, I was making it for myself, but now I'm thinking about giving it to my mom and making another for myself later.

Knitted with Bernat's acrylic/alpaca wool blend in 'Aqua'

The pattern for this little lovely was plucked from the February 2011 Canadian Living magazine. I couldn't find an online version, but it's on page 76 if anyone is interested in looking up a paper copy. It's a simple pattern to follow, and can be made with circular needles for maximum ease. DPNs are not my friend, so yay for circulars! I worked slowly and it came together over a couple of evenings of catching up on some online shows.

The cowl gives good coverage (ignore my wet hair)
I'm quite fond of the colour (aqua) and texture/stitch definition of this yarn, which is kind of amusing since my three year old son picked it. He wants a pair of mittens made of same. I love that he gets excited about creating things, and that he still thinks I can do or make anything with my mommy superpowers, so I'll be working on mittens asap.

Linked to:

giveaways












Catch a Glimpse Button




6 comments:

  1. Very cute! Thanks for linking up! Would you please add a link to my party with the others?! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on the sangria... sounds yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Will you link up to my Fibers on Friday party? I'm hosting a sock challenge, but since you don't like DPN, you may not be interested :-) nevertheless, I invite you to link this cowl up!

    http://plumslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up to Fibers on Friday! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh that looks nice and warm! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete