Friday, August 6, 2010

Too too cute tutu goodness

Okay, cheesy title, but I get a little giddy every time I get to work on something pink and poofy! This little tutu is for a baby girl whose mama appreciates the frilly things in life.

Here's my sewing machine full of pink poof. After scouring the 'net for tutu instructions last year, I finally came up with my own way of bunching the tulle and stitching it down in sections. I find it's more durable than a single or double round of attached stitches and much faster than knotting, which I found always bunged up my elastic. The downside is that the tulle is forever pulling out the thread from my needle.


And here's the finished tutu. I debated about adding some bling, but left them off just to be safe.



Linked to:


Punkin Seed Productions



Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up       party!







Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. If I had a girl, I would definitely attempt to make one of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! We are going to 'two two' tutu birthday party tomorrow! I've only done the knotting method, and I agree that it's way too time-consuming. I'll have to try a sewn one next time. Visiting from the Weekend Wrap-up Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute - and I like your "cheesy" title too - so there! I wish my girls were younger - this would be so on my list. I'm not sure I could get my 9 year old to wear it though!

    Thanks for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party!

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little tu tu turned out too too cute Ü

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tutu is beautiful... I use the knotted method to make mine. I'm about to make another one for my daughters birthday so I'll give your way a go.

    ReplyDelete