Thursday, January 14, 2010

To market I will go...

Well, the local farmers' market is closed for the winter season, but I finally finished the large crochet market bag I started last season, so I'll be ready to go in the spring! The bag is a simple circular design, worked in double crochet with increases and decreases to shape it. I made it mostly while chatting with friends, so I didn't bother counting how many rows and stitches -- if I make another, it won't be exactly the same, but who cares -- the end result is better than using plastic or those awful shedding 'fabric' bags from the grocery store.

Here's a pic...


I'm still working on finishing the baby afghan for my friend's new baby, due to arrive any moment, so no more UFOs to distract me until that's completed and mailed off.

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking about making one of these forever I really should just do it,yours looks great. Go Green!

    ReplyDelete