Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A chance encounter

Today was my oldest son's first day of pre-school. I can hardly believe it. Anyway, he's always been very clingy with me,so I decided to wait outside of his classroom, which is in a church basement, just in case he got upset and needed to be taken home. While I was waiting, I noticed a group of older women setting up tables in the great room. They were pulling out stacks of fabric, which intrigued me, so I asked if they were a quilting guild, and sure enough, they are. I had no idea there was on so close to me. So I signed up and will be meeting with them once a month while my oldest is in pre-school. The quilts are donated to cancer patients getting treatments, which I think is lovely, and each one is given freely, along with a matching tote to make bringing the quilts to the cancer centre more convenient. I think it's a lovely idea, and ended up helping to pin about ten quilt tops, and took one home to machine quilt -- I think many of the ladies were surprised to find someone so young with a walking foot!

Here's a pic of my son showing off his first pre-school art project:

And another of the quilt I will be quilting, and the matching tote:

No comments:

Post a Comment