Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm on Etsy!

I've started an Etsy shop called BluePea to sell my most requested craft item: shopping cart covers.


My son in his cart cover

When my oldest son was about 3 months old, he outgrew that handy little carrier seat that parents now use to tote about their infant children. Most kids stay in the seat until they are at least six months old or older, but my little guy was tall, and he quickly shot over the carrier's height limit, which forced me to switch him to a permanently installed car seat. From a driving standpoint, there was no change, but I quickly discovered that shopping became quite difficult because my son was still too young and wobbly to sit in a cart, yet too long to hold comfortably while pushing a cart. My solution was to create a shopping cart cover and strategically sized matching cushions that I could use to prop him up in the cart's seating area. So I purchased some cute Spiderman fabric, and made a super cushy cover loaded with quilt batting, and went on my merry way with my son safely ensconced in his cart seat. Well! The reaction I got from moms each time I went out, asking where I got such a great cover, was pretty unexpected, but soon I was taking orders to make other covers.

Now that I've exhausted the customer base at my local grocery store, I thought it was time to get online! So I set up an Etsy shop and am patiently awaiting my first sale. If it works out, that'd be great, and if not, my investment to post items for sale is less than a dollar at this point, so no loss there. Check out my shop, called BluePea

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I wish you the best with your Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete