Thursday, March 12, 2009

Screeching halt

My husband is building some much needed shelving into my craft room, so there's no sewing or scrapbooking going on at my house right now. I would have been happy with basic shelves, but he wants to make them look built in, so they will take a little while longer. Oh well, I'm sure they'll look great and be worth the wait!

In the meantime, I've taken up knitting again. My grama taught me when I was really young, but I didn't keep it up and forgot virtually everything. A friend recently taught me the basics again, and I'm happy to announce I knitted up a dish cloth -- albeit a slightly misshapen one!


I've already started a second dish cloth in this same colour yarn, which I had sitting around in a cupboard, and purchased a really pretty varigated ball to make some cloths that will coordinate better with my kitchen. Who knows...maybe I'll get all crazy one day and attempt a matching towel!

No comments:

Post a Comment