Saturday, July 9, 2011

Choco-banana tea blend

Yes, another chocolate recipe. But this one is actually nutritious! Woot!
Introducing one of my favourite morning drinks, Choco-banana tea. This recipe is super simple and normally I wouldn’t post it, but since it’s Summer Drink Week over at White House, Black Shutters, I thought it might be appropriate.
banana tea blendbanana tea blend in cup
Choco-Banana Tea Blend
1/2 cup chocolate spice tea
1/2 cup milk
1/2 banana, sliced
Blend and enjoy! This drink can be enjoyed warm by using hot tea and a room-temp banana, but I like to use cold tea and a frozen banana for a cool, frothy treat. The original recipe, found at Flora’s Drink Hideout, called for black tea and offered a chocolate syrup variation (add 1 tbsp syrup), so if you don’t happen to have chocolate spice tea on hand, try that instead!
Linked to:

5 comments:

  1. I do love a cup of tea, but my chocolate consumption hasn't extended to tea (yet!). I have never heard of this, I glad you decided to share this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious, I've never thought to combine chocolate and tea! Thanks so much for linking it up to summer drink week, I'm featuring your drink! :)

    Have a great weekend,
    Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do this but with coffee instead of tea and throwing it in the blender with ice. Sometimes I also add peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! I think I am going to give it a shot! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds really good, I'm going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete